Sunday, July 02, 2006

Wide Angle


This Friday all of us felt fried with 'work'(sorry for the poor attempt at a joke.....but its 3:15 in the morning:)).I got up lazily at around 1:30 in the afternoon that day,by the time i got ready lunch time was over at the mess,so Shagun and I were compelled to go to Chota.Sometimes I feel that why do i even pay for food in the mess 'coz in a week that I've been at MICA I've hardly eaten 2-3 meals in the mess.Thrice we've gone out for dinner.Other times I either snack at the venerable chota canteen or skip meals in a desperate attempt to lose weight(while its a different story that nothing seems to work on me).Mukul had asked me the day before that whether i wanted to come for Superman Returns ,and I had agreed.So there were around 10 of us who were to go.Before that i caught Crafting Sandwich at Chota,Mahima and Abhi joined us there and it was beautiful weather,we discussed Ragging,Banglore,and how with the installation of a computerised system at Chota we're less likely to get duped.

It was already 3:45 ,and we were to leave by 4:00.Rushed to my Hostel and got ready in 2 min. flat.10 of us in a single Tuk-Tuk.We reached Wide Angle in time .The guys wanted to buy the Rs. 50 tickets.I was a little concerned.Finally Shipra intervened and we got more expensive tickets done.
I absolutely loved the movie though many of us didn't find it all that great. Ya i like Spider Man better but I've also grown up watching Super Man.My favourite scene was undoubtely the one in which Lois Lane is in the Ship with Lex Luther ,and he tells her about his plans and he insists on hearing her say -"Superman will never let you ...." In that scene Kevin Spacey Does what Prof.Ram Kumar would fondly call a griffe(means a master stroke in French).
On our way back on the Sarkhej -Highway i came across something hilarious,a tea stall ...I guess the picture says it all.
Later in the day Argentina lost to the Germans.Bhatta was inconsolable.I again went to chota at around 2:00 in the night to have to have Egg-Bhurji.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 pm , Blogger Heidi said...

this post seems to be dedicated to food entirely..right fromt he aplologetic attempt at a joke "fried" to egg bhurji...

 
At 9:23 am , Blogger cruiser_august said...

hey, "Tee Stole" is hilarious.
and egg-bhurji at 2 ? whoaa..ur life rocks

 
At 9:04 pm , Blogger Bacterium said...

couldn't have said it better, 'at MICA, all roads lead to Chota'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home