Thursday, November 23, 2006

Low Tech

I have so many thoughts in my mind when I log on to blogger, but just when its time to pen things down, I become tongue tied.I wonder if it just happens with me or what, but curiously I am the "starting-out-with-a-blank-sheet" kind of a person(pun unintended).And I am yet not so comfortable with technology,for example, in all my group meetings , when all the group mates are typing furiously, I 'd be in one corner scribbling something on a piece of 'Papyrus 2006'(also I am a little finicky about the ink that I use, it has to be black ink,no ball point pens for me please !)I can think better on a blank sheet of paper is what I have firmly held over these years, it does work for me.
I also feel strongly against reading from the computer screen, I don't know how people do it but I for sure know that I would never be able to read any e-book in my entire freaking life.And I would never want to for that matter.I remember how I used to shudder those readings for class in soft copy, there's no fun, one can't even underline:( .Same goes for e-papers, for some reason I can't sit with it for hours and hours like I did with Sunday Times ,(long long ago).Its distracting to read a newspaper when a hundred l'il boxes are blinking from here and there.In short my attention span with such electronic media is very low, and is going down by the day.

More often than not technology does make one's life simpler, and I use it like so extensively without even realising it, but for reading a writing I am better of without it.Really I don't see my kids spending their childhood reading Enid Blyton's from their comps,thank you very much.There are some things that go well with technology and there are some which for the time being better be left to themselves.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust me, electronic media or some other invention will replace papers one day... and we all or our children(if i have any,lol) will have to live with it...
and abt being blank, when u start blogging, it happens with every1 i guess...

 
At 6:44 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

technology cant replace everything....can it....u cant replicate a hug or a kiss...a fag or a booze because these things are felt......same goes with reading n writing.....its so intimate....

 
At 3:51 am , Blogger Aditya said...

electronic media is fast replacing paer today, but reading on paper does give a unique feeling which the ebooks can never emulate. The feeling of holding an old book, its smell and the joy of turning pages is really inimitable...

 
At 12:54 am , Blogger Heidi said...

jst read this post of urs again...i read e books..but on the other hand onlu when paperback editions are not available...and i do agree..technology for technophobes like me it is doing admin jobs and customary wrk (saying hi online.. :P )..but for living u need ppl and paper ...."paper laooo re" (remember paresh rawal in hera pheri !)....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home